We finally made our decision and have already acted on it! We have decided to:
Increase our monthly investments with Meesman, because:
- They solved the dividend leakage with their global fund and this is just too tempting to invest in
- They are Holland’s leading broker when it comes to index investing for private investors (my personal opinion). There are other ones out there, but they’ll offer funds based on the AEX for example (no way we’re throwing cash at that!) or charge higher fees. Again, my personal opinion.
- We love the company’s philosophy (do what Vanguard does…try to keep costs at a bare minimum and strive to lower costs wherever and whenever possible)
- They have lowered their transaction fees which made them very competitive compared to Binck again (from 0.5% to 0.25%)
- It’s easy to diversify. The husband chose 80% global and 20% emerging, whereas I’m more conservative and chose 90% global and 10% emerging. (Global = 1604 stocks in 24 countries; Emerging = 855 in 21 countries)
- I love their service, website and the way they’re treating me as an investor ❤
Start bi-monthly investments which add up to the same Meesman amount with Binck in the Vanguard All-World fund, because:
- We really wanted to invest with Vanguard as well
- We looooooooove Vanguard ❤
- All-World offers stocks in both large-cap as well as mid-cap and emerging markets. (2900 stocks in 47 countries, emerging included) and thus makes it a one-stop shopping trip for index investors investing in euros.
(With Meesman we’re investing in a mutual fund and with Binck we’re investing in an ETF. Even more diversification!)
Maybe invest with Vanguard in dollars via Interactive Brokers (we’ll look into that during the next couple of weeks), because:
- We can’t stop loving Vanguard ❤
- The Vanguard Total World Stock Index (VT) would be our most ideal mix of stocks (5109 stocks, all-cap and wonderful diversification)
- TER is very low (0.18%)
- This fund is also recommended by Malkiel and Ellis in The Elements of Investing, p. 122.
- We might want to play around with dollars….and then again we might not…still thinking about this one.
We decided to also diversify amongst brokers in order to reduce risk.
Knock, knock. Who’s there? Early retirement! Early retirement, who? Early retirement for you! :-)))
Disclaimer: as always, these are our personal choices. I am not a professional investor nor do I claim to be one. I am an individual investor merely sharing ideas here. You are solely responsible for your own investment choices. I am not affiliated with any of these brokers in any way, shape or form other than being a paying customer myself.