Okay, I’ll come clean.
So for, we’ve been total spendypants this month. I am not looking forward to this month’s numbers. What have we been throwing our cash at? Well…:
- The hubby’s short snowboarding holiday (the friend he was with disbursed pretty much everything and we haven’t seen the bill yet…so I don’t know what the damage is here, we hope to get the bill before the end of this month) probably €1000ish
- We both paid a full year of health insurance in one go (you get a discount that way and you don’t have those monthly payments…so this was actually a smart move!) €2200ish
- I treated myself to €18 worth of eyeshadow (I’m into natural cosmetics these days)
- The hubby bought himself an Apple TV €110 I think… (the XBox seems to do a crappy job these days when we want to watch films, the hubby loves his gadgets but does ponder a long time before purchasing, I think it took him about six months to make this purchase)
- We bought a headboard at Ikea for our bed. I want to breast feed the kid and sitting against the wall in bed with just a pillow just didn’t feel comfortable, €150
- We commissioned the fancy embroidered blankets for the baby €56
- We ordered natural body products for ourselves and the baby (I’m throwing all paraben loaded, perfumed and other chemical laden crap out!) €90
- Bought a couple of outfits for the baby to make sure she has something to wear and other baby essentials like chemical free diapers and wipes €50
- Had to buy a couple of people presents €50ish
- Ergo baby performance carrier including new born insert €144
Ehm…I don’t think this month’s numbers are going to be something we can be proud of. Oh, I should also mention we’re going to go back to Ikea for some more cupboards, pots and pans (the ones we have now are really falling apart) and what not. That’s going to amount to about €250 in total. And we’re probably going to buy a little bit more baby stuff (we’re almost done now). We are planning ahead, since we want to have everything in order before the baby comes. I think we’ll have everything in order by this weekend at 32 weeks already! 🙂
Still, there are no impulse buys except from the eyeshadow. We thought long and hard about all of these purchases. Our transition to natural body treatment products were triggered by her and this documentary.
So, yeah…I hope we’re going to do a lot better in February.
How’s your January spending coming along?